Alliance Française de Perth
The Alliance Française de Perth has a course range dedicated to 11-18 year-old students who study French at school and wish to boost their learning in order to achieve best results.
What makes The High School Students’ courses at Alliance a real advantage ?
- They are complementary to the school curriculum as new activities and documents will be used to practice and reinvest the skills and themes learnt at school
- Students will benefit from a complete immersion in the francophone and francophile environment at the Alliance Française
- The use of authentic class material from French TV, magazines, movies, carefully chosen and adapted by our educational team
- They are fun! Less formal exercises and homework, more interaction and real life situation
- 4 levels available: Year 9/10, Year 11, Year 12 second language ATAR, Year 12 background language ATAR: This course is dedicated to students preparing the French Background Speakers WACE examination
- Get ready for the WACE! Course for student taking the background language French WACE in 2016
- Summer holiday program back to school course: One week immersion program to refresh your French before starting back at school. Year 11 and Year 12 topics will be presented through interesting authentic material from French media (TV, web, magazines…) with a focus on oral skills
Events coming up…
Wednesday 16 November, 6.30pm @ Alliance Française de Perth, Nedlands
As part of an Australian tour, The Alliance Française de Perth is delighted to welcome the award-winning French writer, novelist and war reporter Olivier Weber in Western Australia ! Don’t miss the opportunity to discover a talented, humanist and committed French contemporary author with such a varied and rich journey!
Immerse yourself in Weber’s fascinating achievements and life, and come and learn about his vision of the current world! Olivier will share with us his experiences and he will enlighten the audience about the challenges of the XXI century including severe economic crisis, migrations, global warming…
So join us for this not-to-be missed conference !
Le BEAUJOLAIS NOUVEAU EST ARRIVÉ ! The BEAUJOLAIS NOUVEAU IS HERE !
FRIDAY 25 NOVEMBER, 7 PM @ Alliance Française de Perth, Nedlands
Party the French way and enjoy the Beaujolais Nouveau, a young wine from the Beaujolais region of France, and delicacies such as pâtés, cheeses, charcuterie and French bread.
What is the Beaujolais Nouveau? Beaujolais had always made a vin de l’année to celebrate the end of the harvest. The Beaujolais nouveau is a red wine made from Gamay grapes produced in the Beaujolais region of France. It is the most popular vin de primeur, fermented for just a few weeks before being released for sale on the third Thursday of November.
$36 for AF members & AF students
$45 for non-members
(Tickets include food , 2 glasses of Beaujolais Nouveau and entertainement)
Tickets are not refundable
Sunday 22 January, 8 pm @Rosemount Hotel 459 Fitzgerald St, North Perth WA 6006
$49 General admission
$45 AF members & students
As well-known for chilled-out covers of new wave classics like “Love Will Tear Us Apart” (Joy Division), “Guns of Brixton” (The Clash), “The Killing Moon” (Echo & The Bunnymen), as the band is for its rotating frontwomen, which have included Camille, Mélanie Pain and Vanessa Paradis, Nouvelle Vague (which means both “new wave” in English and “bossa nova” in Portugese) are back with a new album, I Could Be Happy, marking a long-awaited return. When it comes to French contemporary music, Nouvelle Vague is considered royalty, not to mention one of Australia’s favourite French acts. So naturally, we are beyond excited to bring the supergroup back to Australia for the first time since 2012.
Plus, the very wonderfully engaging and tremendously gifted performer Lucy Peach will be supporting the event.
Be ready for the most frenchy night of the year !
Find out more on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/nouvellevagueofficial/
Full album available on Deezer : http://www.deezer.com/album/14114680