Paris Group Tour
The aim of the Paris Group Tour is to provide students with a wonderful 3-4 days visiting some of the highlights and attractions of Paris, discovering the City of Lights in the company of other Australian students, accompanied by two AFX team-members.
This trip is particularly suited to students taking part in a One Way or Private Boarding School program as it is not compulsory for the French host family to take their Australian correspondents to Paris (unlike the reciprocal program).
Please note: The number of placements are limited as we want to keep our group small so as soon as we have reach our maximum number for our tours, applications will be closed. The Paris Group tour is not a “stand-alone” program, but is an optional part of our summer programs for high school students.
Paris Group Trip Itinerary
The itinerary below is a guide to the attractions you can expect to visit on each day. There is some time set aside for shopping on days two and three. We have compiled this itinerary based on the feedback we have had from running previous successful Paris Trips, and from information many of you supplied us in a survey we sent out earlier this year.
Day 1 – Saturday 2nd December 2017
- Arrival in Paris – Transfer to accommodation
- Open Bus tour throughout the day
- Visit of the Louvre Museum & the surrounding area
- Champs Elysées & Christmas Market
Day 2 – Sunday 3rd December 2017
- Visit of Victor Hugo’s House
- Visit of Place des Vosges and the surrounding area
- Visit of Notre Dame and the surrounding area
- Eiffel Tower
- River Seine Cruise
Day 3 – Monday 4th December 2017
- Visit of the Palace of Versailles
- Visit of the Sacré Coeur and Montmartre district.
- Diner in a Parisian bistrot
Day 4 – Tuesday 5th December 2017
- Assisted Transfer to the Airport / station & onward travel to French host family